Sunday 8 January 2012

Redemption

My faith in humanity and good bargains has been restored.

Those who followed Craigslist 'Sauga 2011(Dear Craigslist: We're Fighting) will recall that a mean preggo lady made me drive all the way out to the 'Saug, only to stiff me like a dopey chump.

This lead to a serious lovers' quarrel between Craig and I. I was just really hurt, after having loved and trusted so blindly.

Nicely played, my dear, sweet Craigslist. You have redeemed yourself. You served up exactly what I demanded as a make up gift: a mint condish double stroller, delivered to my door. Well, not exactly, but I took no part in the purchasing transaction, nor did I transport it.

The stroller (a Baby Jogger City Mini Double) was on Craigslist in the town where my parents live. We contacted the seller, told him my parents would come and pick it up, and the rest is history. When we arrived at my parents' house a few days later, the beaut was waiting eagerly for us, like a royal chariot.

We've already taken it out for a few spins. Not only is it lighter in weight and easier to fold than the one preggo lady was selling, it looks better too. And all the celebs have them,apparently. Because if Salma Hayak likes it, then it must be amazing.

This is big.  I love you, Craigslist, and always have.  You made a mistake, but I believe in second chances.  I look forward to many more wonderful years together.

2 comments:

lesley said...

hooray!
glad to hear it all worked out in the end.
i meant to ask you your thoughts on strollers (the non-double kind)- did you guys do one of those multi-part car seat/stroller things? do you need to get a bassinet kind for the first few months?
so many choices!
i should just wait and see what beyonce has...

:) said...

I don't think the bassinette is necessary...though I will say that it's helpful. If you don't get a stroller that has one, make sure it can recline flat or almost flat to help the baby sleep.

We used our Bugaboo with both babes as infants, and it was great, because you use the same frame to create either a bassinette or a more structured seat as the baby grows. You simply switch out the fabric to do so.

I appreciated having a stroller to which you could click on a car seat(using a special adapter). This way, if the babe is sleeping in his/her bucket seat, you can just transfer him/her directly to the stroller without doing the wake up thing. Because you just don't disturb a sleeping baby.

There are sooooooooo many options for strollers. I recommend getting one that is as multifunctional as possible.

Did Beyonce have the baby yet?!? Must catch up on these things...