Thursday 23 February 2012

If You Were Born in February, I Probably Like You



It seems like most people in my life were either born in February or June.  It's not like I don't like you if you weren't born in those months, I'm just stating facts.  And it keeps on happening. 

It occurred to me that these good peeps (the February ones) deserve a big 'ole shout out.  And a belated/early Happy Birthday from me. I love you all!!

p.s.  Lulu,will you forgive me?  I have tried, for the life of me, but I can't get that white strip off!

Feb. 2:  The lovely and thoughtful Elana Commisso.  Why is she great?  Because she always calls to check in, and keeps me hip with our jaunts to Ossington. And she doesn't mind chilling on my couch with me, which is what we both really want to do most of the time.  Happy 36!

Feb. 7: Cute as a button Zoe Inzlicht.  My little neice is sweet as pie.  I can't wait to see how she's going to grow and change as the years  go by.  Happy 4th!

Feb 8:  The kind and jovial Chaim Inzlicht.  My father-in-law always has a smile on his face, a twinkle in his eye, and a giggle to share.  He has always been super generous with me, and welcomed me into the family from day one.  He's a great Saba to my kids... Happy 60 something.. ;)

Feb. 9: Sweet little Auden McEvoy.  This little dude is as cute as they come.  I wish I could see him more often....Happy 2nd!

Feb 9: Belly Buddy David Cruz.  His mama Michelle and I spent lots of time together when we were pregnant...and gave birth within days  of each other.  David and Jonah have been buds since they were in utero.  They even became big brothers within weeks of each other.  Happy 3rd!

Feb. 14: My little Lovey, Jonah Daniel Inzlicht.  My little boy is so energetic, funny and smart.  Happy 3rd, Jonah Bear. I love you so much!

Feb. 16: Teeny Tiny Lulu Angel McGrinder.  Welcome to the world, little one!  You were just born, and you are beautiful and perfect.  I am so thrilled that you have joined your family, they're great peeps.  I can't wait to meet you in a few months.  Happy birth day!

Feb. 17:  The sweet and hilarious Jenn Miller.  We've been friends for many years,and although we don't see each other often enough, she holds a place close to my heart.  Happy 36th, honey!

Feb. 20:  The lovely and upbeat Mette Huuse. We met, by chance, on an Australian bus shortly after our arrival here.  What luck.  Our families have spent lots of great time together so far.  And we will be sad to see them go back to Denmark next month...Happy 38th Birthday, Mette!

February 23:  The kind, cultured and generous Fred Ball.  My dad has known me, well, longer than anyone (and has put up with me for the longest...).  He's always there to talk to, to offer support, and to make us laugh. He's a great Zaidy to my kids, and very generous.  Happy 67th, dad! 

February 24:  The gentle, sweet and generous Rachella Goldofsky.  My aunt-in-law is so lovely.  She has played an important role in our lives.  In naming our daughter after her, we hope she will inherit some of Rachella's qualities.  Happy 70 something;)! 

February 28:  The loyal, caring and brilliant Jane Warren.  We clicked almost immediately about 17 years  ago, and never looked back.  I miss our biweekly sushi dates ever so much...Happy 36th, bud!

Feb. 28: The smart, sweet and laid back Martha Webb.  We met through the lovely Jane (we both have good taste in women),and hit it off.  Then, we had boys who were two months and two days apart, and then girls who were two months and two days apart...and realized that we were kind of the same person. Needless to say, I love hanging out with her.  Happy 34th, Martha!!

Big hugs to all you Febbies.  I wish you all a wonderful year ahead.  Enjoy the extra day in your month this year!!

xoxo

No comments: