Friday 8 June 2012

Day 8: Maxin’ and Relaxin’

Chill out time.  We hopped the shuttle to the Ubud Village Inn (our hotel’s sister resort) to lounge by the pool and pretend we’re paying guests.   The $350 a night the resort guests pay gets them very secluded villas with private pools.  That might explain the fact that on both visits, we have literally been the only people swimming at the massive  infinity pool.  With swim up bar.  We never order anything, but Big J and I like to sit on the stools and play “Wet Restaurant” and order “wet chicken” there.
The resort grounds are sprawling, but like the pool, we tend to have the place to ourselves.  The guests are probably too busy lying around in a state of bliss, or swimming naked in their private pools. 
The second part of the day involved M. and I switching off for spa time.  I had a 30 minute “Tension Massage” in a gorgeous spot overlooking the rice paddies. And M. had a 60 minute Balinese massage. 
Beyond the massages, I realize that I have felt particularly relaxed since our arrival in Bali.  And this is despite the fact that we have been super active and have all been sharing one room. And then it occurred to me.  I am not grocery shopping. I am not cooking. I am not washing dishes. I am not cleaning. I am not doing laundry.  I am making no beds. 
I could get used to this. 

No comments: